Here are the various publishing and creative services I offer to help you get your project off the ground and bring your creative vision to life.
As an author of around 40 published books, as well as the editor and publisher of over 110, I’ve had extensive experience bringing a manuscript to a polished state. My mission with each book I take on is to keep the author’s voice and vision intact, while also making sure there are no grammar or spelling mistakes. I also keep an eye out for continuity and anything else the reader might find jarring. However, my main thing is to side with the creator and do my best to make their story the best it can be.
My rates are affordable and are broken down into the following categories, prices in US funds.
Short stories (1,000 – 7,000 words): 1.5¢ per word
Novelettes (7,001 – 15,000 words): $275
Novellas (15,001 – 40,000 words): $350
Short novels (40,001 – 60,000): $450
Novels (60,001 – 80,000 words): $525
Blockbusters (80,001 – 120,000): $650
Doorstops (120,000+): inquire for quote
As a comics writer and fan, I’m also available for comic script editing at $1.25US per page.
As mentioned above, I’ve had experience formatting around 150 books for print and eBook. Your paperback will be prepared to accommodate whomever you’re using as a printer. Your eBook will be formatted three ways: PDF, Kindle, and Smashwords (or to another party’s specifications). Once the project is complete, I’ll send you the print/eBook-ready files.
Paperback formatting – $225
eBook formatting – $175
Paperback and eBook formatting bundle – $375
I have experience creating 160+ eye-catching book covers. Below is a sample of my most recent commissions. Please select one of the covers below to view the cover in its entirety (front, spine, back). Please note I do not create erotic book covers.
The below images are watermarked. Your final cover will not be.
I can create your book cover using images and/or illustrations you provide, or can seek them out myself. While I try to use free stock photos, sometimes a photo needs to be purchased. Cost of photo(s) will be added to the price below and a purchase(s) will only be made with your approval. Each book cover creation gets you the full cover made to your printer’s specifications as well as eBook cover sizing catered to the eBook outlets you choose.
Regarding the process and possible revisions, here is how a cover is typically created:
– You provide me with a description or sketch of what you’d like. If you’re not sure and wish to leave it in my hands, we can bat ideas back and forth a couple of times. I will also need from you the cover’s trim size, the book’s final page count, and the name of the printer you are using.
– I will get back to you with a loose mockup for approval. This mockup in no way indicates the quality of the final cover. It is simply a layout of the agreed-upon elements to ensure I am on the right track to providing you with what you want. The mockup stage comes with one revision.
– Once the mockup is approved, I get to work creating the cover with all the bells and whistles. Once this is complete, I will then submit it to you for your approval. This is the final stage to voice any suggestions. The final cover stage comes with one revision.
– Once the cover is approved, I will give the cover a final review to ensure it is printer-ready. After, I will create the necessary eBook cover files, if requested. Please note your approval of the cover confirms you are happy with it and my work is done. Should you wish for revisions after the fact, these can be done for an additional fee.
– The cover is then sent to you via email or download link and you submit it to whichever outlets you are using for printing and/or eBook distribution.
Using stock art/photos/art you acquired elsewhere, the cost is $300US or $400CAN
NEW – Using my original art created for the project’s cover (which includes the use of the art plus all the design that goes into a stock photo cover): $500US or $675CAN
Your cover will be scheduled into my current timetable. Book covers typically take about a couple of weeks from start to finish, though it might take longer if unforeseen circumstances like illness or emergencies arise. Please allow the necessary time for the cover creation process into your deadline.
NEW – Artwork Commissions
I am pleased to now offer artwork commissions. Please go here to see my on-line portfolio.
The price breakdown is as follows:
Penciled only: $150 (for up to two figures; additional figures $20 each)
Inked: $200 (for up to two figures; additional figures $30 each)
Colored (digital or traditional media, depending on the piece): $350 (for up to two figures; additional figures $40 each)
Custom Artwork: If your project doesn’t fit the above commission guidelines, inquire anyway and we’ll figure out something that works for both of us.
Payment via PayPal, certified check or money order are acceptable. Other payment options can be discussed. You will be provided with an invoice for your tax records.
Turn around time varies per project, but it would be within a few weeks depending on where you are on the schedule.
Thanks for your interest. I hope we can work together. Please send me an email via the contact page on this site and I’ll promptly get back to you.