Secret Project No. 1 is Complete!
Yesterday I finished writing Secret Project No. 1. It came in at roughly 51,100 words, which is about 1,100 more than I estimated, which is fine. I think it was Sunday that I thought of the ending and Monday I was able to put it down.
Taking today off writing-wise, though I did write the first draft synopsis for Secret Project No. 1 along with this Saturday’s newsletter. (It’s free to sign up for, by the way; just use the email box on the right of the screen.)
I hope to reveal the title to Secret Project No. 1 in the near future, and by near future I mean between now and the end of June. Might even throw the titles to Secret Projects Nos. 2 and 3 in there, too. Stay tuned, as they say.
But it feels good, takes some pressure off, and I’m able to gear up for Secret Project No. 2. Like the first one, you can watch my progress via the word-o-meter on the side of the screen. I can’t remember how long it took me to do the first one–maybe a month-ish–but Secret Projects Nos. 2 and 3 first drafts are due by the end of June. That’s 100,000 words minimum in 41 days. Totally doable as that averages 2,400 or so per day, every day. I know some days I’ll do more so I’ll be on track barring the world doesn’t end or something. July will be spent editing–both by myself and my editor–and I hope to release all three of these projects in August sometime.
As for another hint as to what the story might be about, it involves mechanical things. Big ones and small ones.